Saturday 10 July 2010

Edits

They're not kidding when they tell you to read ( for goodness' sake ) before you write. Because there ain't no point in writing nuts when you babble.

Looking back on what I've written so far, I can safely say that no one will have it published even after adding another 40,000 words. I wouldn't have it published. So the editing part is crucial. While I'm having some trouble deciding whether or not to add scenes or characters, and whether or not to make it a novella instead of a full-length novel, at least it's a step in the right direction. Knowing what your drawbacks are, that is.

I guess it's just important to know what you want from a novel / novella. There is this plot that I very much wish was on the market, and since it obviously isn't, I have an opportunity sprung wide open. And what I want from a novel is tight writing, subtlety, drama, and good humour. Personally, I know I fall a little short on the humour part, which annoys me to hell.