Thursday 9 October 2008

Wow

This is just it - Wow. I never thought I'd be able to do a post on this operating system. Usually, it just fails to connect and I'm forced to switch to Windows to get this done. LoL

Anyway, since I'm here, I might as well say a few things. Life has been pretty good to me so far, and believe it or not, I'm awfully pleased with life in general. No, I haven't just won a $40000 lottery ticket, but well, sometimes, we all need to sit back, chill and let life run its course.

That said, I have to admit that I'm beginning to get worked up over what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. Someone asked me recently, 'But don't you like the pure sciences?' Which left me pretty much speechless.

I found my answer to her question, and - I can't quite believe I'm saying this - but I like science. REALLY like science. I like reading and rereading a Chemistry paragraph until I finally get it; I like how you can calculate Physics without a pause, yet make your workings sound logical; I like how you can gruel yourself to the bones with Add Maths and feel, at the end of the day, that you're not such a useless piece of crap after all.

Which, contrary to belief, makes everything all the more confusing.

What do I want to do with my life? What can I see myself doing for 30 years to come?

Whatever I choose now, I live with it for the rest of my life.

I think I know what I want to do - but when you think of all the troubles that come with it (no money, no reputation, possibly extremely poor living conditions), you wonder if it'll all be worth it.