Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year's Day

Happy 2009! =P

Well, I decided to blog about this whole experience in UK, so that:

a) I can share with all my friends about it, so please don't feel left out! 

b) because blogging connects us all

I really hope that everyone won't think it's arrogant or proud-ish of me to blog about it, because I sincerely want to share the experience with you, and when you come down to it, there isn't much difference where we go to, because more important how we end up.

LoL, I sound oh-so-philosophical.

After arriving at the airport, I had to pass the immigration counter (or as they call it, the UK Border) and since it was my first time, I had to go to the Health Control corner (it takes quite a short time, surprisingly, but maybe coz we were quite late and there were less people). Reclaimed our luggage (a combination of two of my bags weighed 51kg, gah) and took a bus all the way from Heathrow Airport to Brighton (about 2 hours to reach). 

Well, it's pretty chilly here, but overall, Brighton isn't as cold as in London, probably because it's near the sea and you got the whole sea/land breeze science thing going for it. Heh. The houses here are narrower, and you don't have the kind of land area available in Malaysia. The buses here are punctual, so I guess that's one difference in transportation compared to M'sia =P. 

I'd love to post pictures, but then I'd have to get out my memory card reader and load it and resize it and password protect it ... =S 

But no worries, I shall do it soon. 

Miss all you people loads! 

Saras, TJ - Thanks for your well wishes before. Was panicking while packing the other day and forgot to reply your messages, hehehe.

Kitt - I don't think you still read this blog, but all the same... I'll see you when I see you, haha.

Tabby - Thanks for calling. And yes, Rose is attending NS. I'm not kidding.

Happy New Year again! 

One more 'thanks' to Gitz, Sarah, Ranj and Erwin ... Rock on, you people!