Friday 10 April 2009

Every Patient Has His Own Doctor Within

Sorry! I know I should be sued for my inconsistency in posting. First, I post so sporadically. Then I post some mysterious Mandarin list of words which, apparently, few get what the hell passes through this brain of mine. Then I disappear for so long before consenting to post.

*whacks own head*

Indeed, today's title is 'Every patient has his own doctor within'. When you think about it, it's very true in many aspects. Perhaps when you're at your darkest hour, there really is no one who can heal you, except yourself. Your determination has to pull through, your perseverance mustn't waver, your positive mind should be your pillar - if you grasp each concept with an apt grip,  you have nothing left to fear. 

I don't know about you, but life gets to me sometimes. I do get fed up with routine, and the monotonous steps I seem to trudge through; I do wonder if there is a higher purpose in life, or if we're all just keeping ourselves busy till we can finally lie on our deathbeds; I do wonder if, while I seem to lead this lovely (and am very grateful to my parents for this) life, I would lead more meaningful a life if I were a pauper, because everything that passes through my fingers would resemble gold. 

Two minutes later, I'd be cursing myself for thinking such thoughts, because how can I? When I have so many things to be grateful for? 

I've always wanted to grow up and make a difference in the world. Nowadays, what does it matter if I ever make a difference in some future, faceless, nameless person's life? What does it matter if I leave behind a significance to my name or not? I'd be dead and gone, and is my soul really going to ascend into another place? Maybe all this time, it's just been my mind and me, my mind being me, my mind controlling me.

All I'm saying is that, whenever I'm in a roller coaster, I'll have to be the one to seek my chance and push the 'stop' button.

And whenever you want to run away, all you have to do is kacau a friend and let her lay out your ridiculous ideas in their ridiculous positions from a sensible perspective. (Yes lah, it's you lah).