Wednesday 20 August 2008

The Bee's Knees

The Bee's Knees.

*pause*

*bursts out laughing*

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. Got the phrase from today's newspaper - Mind our English. So we shall all use 'the bee's knees' from now on! Example: That blog that does reviews on both food and authors is the bee's knees. For those of you who don't know, the bee's knees refers to something quite outstanding. At least, I think that's what it means.

Bee's Knees! Hah. As if they even have knees. No bones either. Or even a nice friendly face minus the sting. Or even ... Oh wait, I'm going out of topic.

Denise - ' ... they look like some kind of brown, oozing, gooey goo... ' Thanks, dear. I'm sure we all needed more reassurance about the absolute (lovely ) chocolate thingy.

Sis - Ah. Maybe it's nice, lol. I wouldn't know. When you make it again, let me know. XD

Bernice - 'Crapboon'? Just when I thought this girl couldn't get any more creative. Grr. You very funny ah.

Tabby - Maybe you'll like the other stuff I'm posting today. Hopefully. Haha.

Shu Wern - Thanks, sweetie! You have a blog? If you don't, make one lah! Then you can post food also... =)

Before I post up the pics of the crazy stuff Carol and I made/ate over the past two/three days, I'm going to touch on a little topic here. I was just surfing the net (yes, SPM-ers do that too) out of boredom and I somehow managed got ahold of this page where celebrities were being scrutinized in every single imaginable way. The comments left for the celebrities were pretty awful, and I got the impression that these commentors (majority of them girls) were tearing down the celebrities as though they were pieces of china that simply had to be flawed. If it wasn't their makeup, it was their hair/weight/height/shoes/fashion sense/bags/partners/money.

Welcome to the shallow society we thrive in.

First impressions are important, no doubt, but is there a need to find comfort in someone else's imperfections? Is there a need to watch when a rising star will fall, or when an excellent actor is facing drug problems? You laugh, narrow your eyes and criticize every detail that you perceive to be a flaw - has there ever been a society shallower than we are?

So right now, I challenge you to:

1. Think of a friend and her positive attributes. Skip the criticism.

2. Look for his/her personality when you meet next new person.

We don't want a society that accepts vanity, or arrogance, or selfishness simply because someone else's looks seem to dim one's own. We want a society that revels in the beating of a kind heart, in the faith of a worthy friend, in the humility of a noble man.

Well, that's the thought for today. But do think about it.

Anyway, here are the pics I promised.



Apple roll with ice cream. It was pretty good. Had this with Carol at PSC. =)



Another dish we ordered. Club House stuffed fish.



Found this the other day. Dad used to own a shop at Prima Tanjung, called Cafe-Linux. He had the shop before the whole cyber cafe craze, but well, it wasn't very successful.



LoL. Made this for my sis.



Cooked this at Carol's. It's not as bad as it looks kay. XD... Mixture of cereal, milk powder, nuts, grains and egg white.



Carol cooked this while laughing at what I cooked.



Pinkish-red sunset. =D



Nice scenery? That's what I thought.

Till next time, bloggers.