Saturday 2 August 2008

LoL

I ran out of titles for my blog, and there are just sooo many things to talk about!

Saras - Aww, thanks yeah. I wana put up a chatbox, but I doubt that Wordpress features it, sorry. I love your blog, btw! So cute!

Tabby - XD. And I think you're really getting into the Australian mood - you're saying mate. LoL.

TJ - Hmph. That is sooo not true. Gah.

There are just so many things to talk about! Hm, 3 topics actually.

First of all, today was our farewell! Everyone looked so pretty and different from school, and even though I am extremely tempted to insert pictures onto this blog, I shall refrain from doing so. Because, well, you know, we're not supposed to put our pictures for the whole networking world to see, though I highly doubt that anyone bothers anymore.

Still. Just in case.

I'll post them on friendster. One day. XD

All right, next topic: I have retired from Editorial Board. I'm still helping out, of course, because there's still work to be done, and I should really help Carmen. I'm glad she's my co-editor though - she's pretty responsible.

3rd topic: My dad is great. I know it's awfully strange for a teenager like yours truly to salute her dad and say, 'Thank God I have you as my dad' - but I'm gonna tell you straight-up that it ain't no lie. Pardon me if I'm bragging, but bear with me: Dad is an amazing father, one who teaches me right from wrong, who shows me that there is more to life than black and white, who points to ER and tells me that it's the most realistic medical TV drama ever produced. He wants us (my sis and I) to have the best, he gives us enough freedom to let our creativity take its own shape. He is down-to-earth but watches Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob Squarepants; he told me the physics behind why the wind blows your front door closed if you leave your opposite back door open (duh); he works hard every day just to grant us a better life.

What more can I possibly want from my dad? He is AMAZING.

Final topic: SPOILERS ALERT! If you haven't watched Batman, stop reading this now! Or if you want to protect your eyes from any discussion on the latest Batman installment, stop reading this now!

I mean it, NOW!

...

If you are reading this, then you must have either :

a) watched the Dark Knight, or

b) haven't watched it and don't bloody care anyway

Come to think of it, you'd BETTER bloody care. Because it's such a good film! But as good as it is, as much as the special effects seem to lift your soul from your body - it is defeated in one area. Good always prevails - this is the moral of any superhero movie out there, the base line on which every plot is built. The problem with this film is, while the message broke through, the Joker is the character that so many people remember after they leave the cinema in a daze. This is wrong - because Batman should be your idol, and to somehow 'respect' the Joker for his cunningness, his defiant spirit, his intelligence, his utter lack of care for the rest of world is simply wrong. Forgive me, but I have principles that I hold true, and idolizing the villain has never been amongst them. And you know what?

I sure hope it isn't amongst yours too.