Saturday 21 June 2008

Topics of the day

There are a few topics I'd like to discuss here today.

#1: The vote of no confidence against Pak Lah. Done by the SAPP. I won't pretend that I know much about politics, but it's ironic the way SAPP seems to go against its own party. This is interesting, although disturbing.

#2: I'd like to officially state Patrick Dempsey as amazing, wonderful and splendid! He's awesome! He was so good in the show 'Made of honour' - and so cute! Haha. The lady was real pretty too, except I don't really know her name.

#3: I salute Idris Jala as one of the greatest people around. For those of you who don't know, he is the hero who turned around Malaysia Airlines - turning MAS from a feared loss to a profit-making machine. Before MAS, he was under Shell, to which he also contribute a tremendous lot. These are the truly wonderful people around. Sometimes, it's really weird, because there was once upon a time when I actually envisioned myself to be amongst the top rank - among the people who could single-handedly change the course of history. Seems bloody arrogant, but it was part of my wishlist. Now, I still want to change the world, but I see so many different options that it's hard to just choose if I want to become a corporate businesswoman or an employee under Star newspaper. Or even a politician, for that matter. *gasp!*

#4: Do you think Kate Middleton will marry Prince William? I'd like to think so, but somehow, there is this little doubt in me that it's going to take a lot more than a ring and a velvet case. There are rumours that the prince is going to propose during Christmas, and that their wedding should be sometime next year. I like Kate Middleton - she has the poise, the elegance, the look - but personally, I think she should also have a high-flying career, not just waiting for the proposal (assuming that the rumours are true).

#5: Designer babies. This is getting to be quite an issue nowadays - a controversial one, for that matter. There is the religious who believe that babies are gifts from the Lord, and that to create the exact baby that you want before giving him/her life is just wrong. On the other hand, what is wrong with a couple who want a healthy baby - with a pair of hands, a pair of feet, good eyesight and clear skin? What is wrong with wanting the best possible life for a baby not yet born? What is wrong for wanting a baby to be normal and possibly free from birth defects?

#6: Benazir Bhutto. Apparently, the Pakistanese are naming an airport after her. She was a great person and a great leader. I don't know much about her, so I'll google later.

#7: There's no latest report on Obama's decision on whether Clinton should be his running mate. We're still waiting. Meanwhile, the battle between Obama and Clinton for the White House has begun - you can watch it on CNN. Both excellent speakers.

Right. Guess that's about all for today. Quite a lot for a single morning. XD