Wednesday 28 May 2008

The other side of the Internet

Aha. TEOF. I guessed as much. How'd you find out about this blog anyway?

TJ - You NEED to post!

Okay. Today's topic will be about the other side of the Internet. Let me just start off: The Internet is a beautiful thing. Its invention has made mankind's (specifically, mine) life so much more worth living. Heck, I can go on Yahoo Answers and quiz off my Chemistry paper and nobody bothers. Neat? You bet.

The thing is, though, the Internet can also be pretty... annoying. Like when you get spams, or chain emails, or adverts, or whatever crap they have nowadays. It just irritates me. Especially those that claim 'You've won $$$'. Look, buddy, I'm only human. I can only resist the temptation to click for so long. Click, and instead of receiving 'Ka-ching' in my inbox, I get - voila! - hacked.

It's not so much the spams, now I come to think of it. It's the temptation. The temptation to just shortcut to a handful of $$$. The itch to just click the darn thing. The regret of looking at the potential $$$ yet knowing that it ain't yours. Not now, not ever.

Gah.

Camp was pretty fun. Enjoyed it. Well, I would, since I'm one of the excos. XD.